Construction Safety Officers
Prism Construction is looking to fill several Construction Safety Officer positions at construction sites around the Lower Mainland.
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Hours: Weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., some overtime as needed
Competition ends: On-going
Who we are
Located in Delta, B.C., we are a premier designer and builder of custom, state-of-the-art commercial and industrial facilities that meet today’s modern business needs. We are an integrated, experienced team of values-driven executives, senior managers and professionals working together to help businesses build a better tomorrow.
In the past three decades we’ve worked on more than 600 projects worth $2 billion totalling 20 million square feet. We provide the full spectrum of high-end construction services from conception to ribbon cutting.
Who you are
- Goal oriented and excellent attention to detail.
- Honest and ethical, never willing to cut corners.
- Passionate about health and safety.
- Self-motivated team player with lots of energy.
- Personable and approachable.
- Ability and confidence to work independently.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Conduct Site Specific Safety Orientations as required.
- Maintain all records for the Safety Program and COR audits.
- Conduct daily and weekly inspections to ensure site safety.
- Ensure all trades and workers are complying with WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Administer first aid to personnel on the jobsite.
- Attend, participate and / or facilitate safety meetings including Weekly Safety Toolbox Meetings.
- Working closely with the site superintendent, company’s safety manager and general superintendent.
- General labour duties as needed.
Skills and qualifications
- Valid CSO certificate.
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification.
- The following health and safety certifications are required:
- Fall protection
- Confined space
- Elevated work platform training
- Basic knowledge of different construction stages, methods, equipment and tools.
- Excellent written, communication, organizational and record keeping skills.
- Working knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
What we offer
- Supportive workplace to grow your skills.
- Mentorship and professional development opportunities.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter with the form below.